Seniors, you’re almost there! Southridge’s Grad Night is going to be one to remember!
The parents and friends of the Southridge Grad Night Committee are thrilled to throw you an epic party as one last hurrah to show you how proud we are of your efforts. We will celebrate you, your dedication and amazing accomplishments!
As the Grad Night party is fast approaching—it’s Thursday, June 8, 2023, from 7:30pm to 2:30am—the following information is critically important for you have a great time at the event. Please read everything!
Ride the bus with your friends
If you want to ride the bus to the secret party location with your friends, coordinate with one another and complete the bus sign-up sheet. It will close for sign-ups at 7:00pm on Wednesday May 24! If you don’t sign up, no worries—you will have a seat. We’ll just assign you to a bus, but it’s possible you won’t be with your buddies if you don’t use the sign-up sheet.
Event registration on June 8th
Students are expected to arrive at Southridge starting at 7:00pm. All participants need to be at the school by 7:30pm to ensure they are checked in before departure. Students who do not arrive on time risk the doors being closed and unable to participate.
Parents: It is strongly encouraged to drop your Senior off and pick them up at the school before and after the event.
Check-in will consist of verifying your registration status (all you need for that is your ID, as that’s also your ticket), receiving your bus wristband, distributing raffle tickets to win prizes, and turning in any prohibited personal items. What prohibited items do you ask? Just in case you don’t have your handy-dandy registration packet in front of you, see the list below.
You will be required to turn in your cell phone, any version of “bags,” purses, jacket, hoodies, etc. at check-in for safekeeping. Volunteers will collect, label, and store these items in a secure location. All personal items will be returned at the end of the night during the check-out process. We will have “counselors” on hand for those that suffer from Acute Cell Phone Separation Anxiety—however, if you focus on the fun, you won’t even notice!
We have designated volunteers who will be capturing photos throughout the night that will be sent to participants to review and enjoy a few days after the event.
Senior Challenge: Arrive at Grad Night registration with none of the items that will be turned in (jackets, cellphones, etc.), and you’ll earn two extra raffle tickets (plus not have to stand in line). And you’re going to want those raffle tickets—there are some pretty cool prizes you will want to win!
|8:00pm||Doors will close at Southridge.
No late arrivals will be accepted and/or admitted. No excuses!
|8:00pm to 9:30pm||Activities and games inside the Fishbowl.|
|9:30pm||Buses depart promptly at 9:30pm. All students must ride the bus to and from the venue. Students cannot leave the venue by an alternate mode of transportation.|
|10:00pm – 1:30am||Epic fun at your Grad Night Party! Secret location revealed|
|2:00am||Students return to Southridge. They will check-out and obtain their individual gift from the GradNight Committee as well as receive any items checked in and/or prizes won earlier in the night. They will also be reunited with their cell phones.|
|2:30am||Approximate time they’ll be ready to depart to go home. Parents should be ready to pick up their Seniors for a safe return home.|
What to bring
- Photo ID for check-in at the registration table.
- Comfortable clothing—dress for an active evening!
What not to bring
- Drugs/alcohol Upon arrival and while at the party, if you are suspected of using drugs or alcohol, your parents will be called to pick you up.
- Purses, bags, backpacks, cellphones, medications, etc. Anything like this that you bring will be collected, labeled, and stored securely for the duration of the party. Please leave all valuables at home!
- Food/beverages There will be plenty of food and beverages at the party. No personal water bottles allowed!
- Money We got you! All food, drinks, activities, and prizes are provided and covered.
Other important details
- Parents of no-shows will be informed immediately after check in that you did not attend.
- Southridge Grad Night Committee is not responsible for lost items.
- Still have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A parent/guardian who needs to contact a student for emergency reasons during the party should call one of the Grad Night Party coordinators: Tamida Baldwin: 619-807-7159 and/or Jennifer Dunn: 503-519-5460
- To reiterate: For the safety of all our Seniors, we strongly encourage parents to provide transportation to and from Southridge.
We are looking forward to celebrating this night with each of you, our Seniors! Congratulations! Stay focused these next couple of weeks, but soon the fun will begin!
This event is sponsored by the Southridge Grad Night Committee and is not affiliated, supported, endorsed or sponsored by the Beaverton School District.